Our food is on the table: Accelerating the transition to resilient food systems
Location: Auditorium A, Business Pavilion, Blue Zone (Zone C, Area 5, lot n. 118)
Date: 12 November 2022
Time: 10:00 – 10:45 (EET)
Description: Food needs to be on the table, at COP27 and beyond. We must address the current food security crisis, exacerbated by the war in Ukraine, while simultaneously accelerating action to improve access to nutritious diets, drastically reduce GHG emissions in food systems; protect and restore nature and strengthen the ability of food producers to adapt to climate impacts already locked in.
This session will highlight the interconnectedness of food systems and climate mitigation and adaptation action and the need to tackle both of these issues in a holistic and cohesive manner to tackle climate change and generate resilient, equitable systems. It will include detailed case studies on regenerative agriculture and Nature-based Solutions (NbS), food loss and waste, and shifting diets and nutrition. It will also launch the CEO Call for action “Why food needs to be on the table at COP27 and beyond: A CEO Call for Action”, calling for collaborative effort from business and policymakers to deliver interlinked food systems transformation and climate mitigation, building on the successful partnership between WBCSD and the UN FAO through the Scaling up Climate Ambition on Land Use and Agriculture through Nationally Determined Contributions and National Adaptation Plans (SCALA) project.
- Tony Siantonas, Director, Scaling Positive Agriculture, WBCSD (Moderator)
- Ulf D. Jaeckel PhD., Head Division “European and International Adaptation to Climate Change” Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Nuclear Safety and Consumer Protection (BMUV), Germany
- Henri Bruxelles, Chief Sustainability and Strategic Business Development Officer, Danone
- Magdi Batato, Executive Vice President, Global Head of Operations, Nestlé
- Hanneke Faber, President Nutrition, Unilever
- Her Excellency Chan Phaloeun, Under Secretary of State, Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, and the Chair of the Technical Working Group on Climate Change, Forestry, and Fisheries, Kingdom of Cambodia
- Loureen Akinyi Awuor, Chief of Staff and Head of Partnerships, Kenya National Farmers’ Federation (KENAFF)
- Serge Nakouzi, Deputy Regional Director, RNE, UN FAO
For any questions, please email email@example.com.