Marrakech Partnership industry event: Scaling practical solutions to accelerate industrial decarbonization by 2030
Location: Room Ibis (UNFCCC Action Zone)
Date: 11 November 2022
Time: 10:00-12:00 EET
Description: The COP27 Industry Action Event will communicate the action needed throughout integrated value chains in the next 1-3 years to meet the milestones outlined in the Race to Zero 2030 Industry Breakthroughs. The event will hold leaders to account for the promises they made in Glasgow at COP26 and spotlight industries that are making real economy progress on these promises.
The event will demonstrate how collaboration between industry leaders (representing employers and employees), policymakers, investors, and all stakeholders can accelerate finance flows and technological solutions to unlock the systemic transformations required in the global energy and infrastructure systems to achieve a just, resilient industry transition.
The event will spotlight voices from Africa and the Middle East to provide a regional perspective from outside of the Global North on the barriers to overcome on the road to a just, resilient industry transition and the achievement of the 2030 Industry Breakthroughs. The event will also include voices from civil society, youth, cities (local policymakers), as well as other key stakeholders in critical industry transitions.
- Anthony Nakache, Managing Director – MENA, Google
- Ayman Essam, Director of External Affairs, Vodafone Egypt
- Beatrice Bucht, Youth Climate Activist
- Betty Chinyamunyamu, CEO, National Smallholder Farmers’ Association of Malawi
- Dominic Waughray, Senior Advisor to the CEO, WBCSD
- Esther An, CSO, City Developments Limited
- Luisa Valentim Barros, Strategy Director, CELA – Clean Energy Latin America, Council of Engineers
- Mark Hutchinson, CEO, Fortescue Future Industries
- Mauro de Almeida, Secretário de Estado of Environmental and Sustainability, State of Pará
- Nigel Topping, High-Level Champion for COP26
- Rayne Sullivan, Stanford University
- Seddiq Hassani, CEO, Bamburi Cement
- Sharan Burrow, General Secretary, ITUC
- Thomas Lingard, Global Head of Sustainability, Unilever
- Vaishali Nigam Sinha, CSO, ReNew Power
- Yaseen Abdel Ghaffar, CEO, Solarize Egypt
For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org