Carbon removals: The importance of developing a diverse portfolio
Location: Auditorium B, Business Pavilion, Blue Zone (Zone C, Area 5, lot n. 118)
Date: 10 November 2022
Time: 16:45–17:25 (EET)
Description: Both nature-based and technological carbon removal solutions should be included as part of a high-ambition corporate climate mitigation strategy, where companies invest in a diverse portfolio of solutions.
This event will provide context on the importance of the responsible adoption of a diverse range of removals alongside deep decarbonization for global climate mitigation and delivery of broader corporate sustainability targets; explore what leading companies are doing and understanding some of the challenges that they face. This will also introduce planned work by WBCSD and the Natural Climate Solutions Alliance (NCSA) on developing a framework for companies to holistically assess different removal solutions and how-to guidance on strategies for climate mitigation beyond the value chain.
- Host: Alexander Nick, Director Climate Action, WBCSD
- Opening remarks: Patrick Bürgi, Co-founder, Southpole
- Ryosuke Kontani, General Manager Carbon Management Team, Mitsubishi Corp.
- Veronica Scotti, Chairperson Public Sector Solutions, Swiss Re
- Natasha Santos, Vice President Global Stakeholder Strategy, Bayer Crop Science
For any questions, please email email@example.com.