Beyond 1.5: The business of adaptation
Location: Auditorium A, Business Pavilion, Blue Zone (Zone C, Area 5, lot n. 118)
Date: 12 November 2022
Time: 11:00–11:45 (EET)
Description: Climate change is disrupting supply chains, threatening health and affecting the global economy. From most severe floods in Pakistan and Nigeria to scorching heat in India and wildfires in Europe, rising temperatures is causing damage on communities around the world. Unfortunately, these impacts are most felt by the communities living the most vulnerable regions to climate change.
The session will lay out the current operating challenges that business has already experienced as a result of current level of climate change, in a 1.1-degree Celsius world. This will aim to explore some of the business innovations and adaptation measures, including risk management that are already being deployed to cope with a +1.5°C world and help support the communities around us.
- Welcome & scene setting by Dominic Waughray, Senior Advisor to the CEO, WBCSD
- Moderated panel discussion:
- Simon Zadek, Executive Director, NatureFinance
- Andreas Berger, Chief Executive Officer, Swiss Re Corporate Solutions (virtual)
- Adele Cheli, Sustainability Strategy and Partnerships Director, GSK)
- Alexis Haass, Chief Sustainability Officer, Arcadis (virtual)
For any questions, please email email@example.com.