22 June 2021, 12:00pm – 1:15pm IST (8:30 – 9:45am CEST)
This decade will be crucial for India’s transition to sustainable mobility. The launch of the WBCSD report Policies for India’s Global Leadership on EV Adoption brought together business and government representatives for a discussion on how to accelerate large-scale adoption of electric vehicles (EVs) in the country.
WBCSD has worked with over 30 businesses to develop a policy framework that eases the adoption of EVs across commercial fleets and increases investments in charging infrastructure. The report outlines eight guiding pathways for policymakers and 18 actionable policy recommendations that support India’s transition to electric mobility and enhance the collaboration between Indian policymakers and businesses.
Thank you to our speakers who provided private and public sector perspectives on ambitious policymaking and the role of business in leading the shift toward clean mobility in India.
- Amitabh Kant, CEO, NITI Aayog
- Vivek Kumar Dewangan, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Power
- Nitin Prasad, Chairman, Shell Companies in India
- Praveer Sinha, CEO and Managing Director, Tata Power
- Ruchir Shukla, Director – Electric Mobility, Shakti Foundation
- Sandeep Bangia, Business Head (Charging), Tata Power
- Awadhesh Jha, Vice President, Fortum Charge and Drive
- Sanjay Krishnan, Founder, Lithium Urban
- Chetan Maini, Co-founder and Chairman, SUN Mobility
- Mahadevan Nambiar, Public Policy Lead, Uber India
- Sundar Senthilnathan, Public Affairs Manager, IKEA India